Paul Griswold - CEO and President
Back to Team
Paul Griswold is President and CEO of Finger Lakes Technologies Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone Companies. FLTG was formed in 1995 in order to offer deregulated telecommunications services. Paul also serves as President and CEO for Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone Companies in Central New York State. Both companies have been owned and operated by the Griswold family for over 92 years and 5 generations.
Paul studied Marketing at the Rochester Institute of Technology and has completed Graduate work at the University of Kansas School of Telecommunications. Paul's certifications include: Cisco Certified Channel Sales Expert and Cisco Certified Selling AVVID Architecture.
Paul began his career in the telecom industry working for Rochester Telephone's subsidiary, RCI Long Distance, in 1985. Paul began his career with Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone in March of 1987.
Paul is very active in industry associations, and community and business organizations. Paul chaired the New York State Telecommunications Association's (NYSTA) MIS Committee and spearheaded the establishment of both NYSTA's video conferencing network and its Local Area Network. He has also been active on NYSTA's Customer Services, Government Affairs and Inter-Company Operations Committees. In 2008, Paul was elected to the Board of Directors for NYSTA.
Board of Directors /Advisory Board Activities Present and Past:
Presently on the Advisory Boards for the following:
- Cisco Systems Eastern Regional VAR Council
- Cisco Systems National Commercial Advisory Board
Presently on the Board of Directors for the following:
- Champlain Telephone Company and Primelink (subsidiary of Champlain Telephone Company)
- Modern Marketing Concepts
- New York State Telecommunications Association
- Ontario & Trumansburg Telephone Companies
- Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce
- Cochair of the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce's Broadband Initiative Committee
- United Way of Ontario County
- Capital Campaign Committee
Past Member of the following:
- Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Five Star Bank Advisory Board
- High Tech Business Council of Rochester
- Finger Lakes Visitors Connection
- Clifton Springs YMCA
- Seven Lakes Girl Scout Council
- House of John
- Lead Gifts Committee for the Finger Lakes Community College Foundation
- Vestry of St. John's Episcopal Church in Clifton Springs
- Selected to serve on the Government Initiatives and Network Infrastructure Actions Committee for New York State
Community Leadership Roles:
- Past President of the Phelps Chamber of Commerce
- Past President of the Clifton Springs Rotary Club
- Featured in the 2011 Rochester Business Journal of Who's Who in The Lists
- Featured in the 2010 and 2011 Buffalo Business First Who's Who in Technology List
Paul and his wife Julie reside in Victor with their two children, Brenden and Ashley. He enjoys golf, camping, scuba diving and spending quiet times with his family. Paul also loves to read about and experiment with the latest and greatest technologies, habits that have earned him the nickname "Gadget Man."